Thursday, April 16, 2015

When In Doubt, Google it.


After reading the Lacan article, I was completely lost. I literally had no idea what I had just read. I was able to piece some things together because of information from Tuesday's class, but that was about it. The language in this article was challenging and added to my overall confusion.  The help website I found was basically a summary of the article which explained it in much simpler terms.



Unfortunately, I was having some technical difficulties getting a screenshot, so I had to take a picture of my computer screen which isn't very clear. But I was able to get a much clearer understanding of Lacan's article. This site goes through the sections in language that is much easier to understand. I think that this site’s more straight forward approach to The Mirror Stage works nicely along with the Lacan to explain the details that were confusing, especially for myself. Comparing the help article to my original notes on Lacan helped me answer some questions I had and I was able to go back to sections that I had trouble with for a better overall handle on it. Although I am still a little shaky with Lacan, finding outside help was definitely useful.

Help Site Link:

(http://www.academia.edu/1539509/Summary_of_Lacan_s_The_Mirror_Stage_as_Formative_of_the_Function_of_the_I_as_Revealed_in_Psychoanalytic_Experience_)  

No comments:

Post a Comment