Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Konnikova- dissection of a literary cyber frog, and then some.



Greetings! It feels grand to finally be typing away on this blog after enduring the monotony of self educating my inner neanderthal about how to get shit done that otherwise I couldn't get done before. I'll try my darndest to utilize my sub-par copy and paste skills to hopefully enlighten my fellow classmates on a subject worth paying attention to in a world where futuristic hype lives in the present. I'll give myself a moment to strap on my handy dandy speed racer helmet before zooming around the first blog crash course. intellectually driven blabber bullets splotched a dimly lit canvas as my eyes lay gorilla glued to my computer screen. From what I gathered, the argument presented displayed a great deal of skepticism towards the next evolutionary step in reading. The majority of those opposed to comprehending and synthesizing read material through one's PC or mac was in the name of the almighty distraction. Fluctuating fonts, funky formatting, miscellaneous cat pictures, grandma's awkwardly placed but genuine facebook comments that require immediate attention, you name it! The bombarding influx of tenacious text proves to be daunting to laptop fanatics. The information overload is seen to be overtly condense, jammed tight, much like the forever alone peanut butter and jelly sandwich splotched and miserable at the bottom of a summer camp lunch bag. I almost felt compelled to nod my noggin in agreement until the flickering light-bulb in my cluttered brain signaled for a half-assed epiphany. If we were to take the internet out of internet, the difference in engagement would be less catastrophic. Although pro paperback junkies disregard nostalgia to legitimize their argument, I think its a load of hooplah. Being a fan of the traditional "book" myself, I won't deny that the overall presentation of a book feels far more enriching and personal than deep sea fishing through link after link, app after app. Whether I'm reiterating what I previously explained or not, I'll tickle the audiences fancy with a couple of quotes that vacuumed the entrenched cobwebs in a winter vacation plagued twenty year old manboy. "We're in a place of apprehension rather than comprehension" serves as a representation of a mean left jab in a classicist vs modernist boxing bout. Basically, it places emphasis on the head scratching reluctance that inevitably matures into innovation. Innovation keeps our world's heart pumping. Does this mean we should condemn former norms for being seemingly obsolete? No, not necessarily. Acclimation is expected. I have no qualms with less contemporary relics, but people should learn to adapt and face change optimistically. The second of two quotes, "we need to be aware of the effects of deeper digital immersion, Wolf says, but we should be equally cautious when we draw casual arrows or place blame without adequate longitudinal research", hits the nail on the head with a wicked knockout punch to the non-believers kisser. Moral of the quote, don't knock it until you try it/ there is always room for improvement. Although I spent time annotating, highlighting, and making comments on the following assignment, I'm still a grade A dunce for not being able to insert my pics and add all the fixings required for a juicy medium well blogburger. This probably looks asinine, but if proffesor DeRosa is reading, I can show evidence that I annotated like a regular annotator and I can display said evidence in class come tomorrow morning. For all the people who may or may not be cackling at my more than likely easy peasey fix of a blunder, I'll assess the problem and hopefully kick some booty next blog. So until next time, kick back, relax, eat your veggies, and stay classy.

 Entailed are some snazzy screenshots showcasing my understanding of the content along with some Sam commentary